Friday, January 13, 2012

Individual Scheme submission for the Solar Decathlon [IARC 301]

This is my individual scheme for the solar decathlon competition, the process that we went through to develop this project was to analyze our own dwelling and imagine ourselves functioning within the spaces to then later develop a scheme that would adapt to our own needs and design the spaces according to how we use those areas. One of the challenges that I faced while working on this project was the ability to break those routines and accommodate a new way of using the spaces and designing the structure of the house from the inside out, rather than from the outside in. I found myself challenged by the fact that our professor suggested us to design our scheme from the inside out because I come from an Architectural program, I have been taught to design from the outside in looking at the roof and wall lines, and working my way in to then worry about the interiors of the building.
The roof line was designed according to the needs that this structure needed to be designed, for the collection of water and for solar panels to be facing south for the collection of passive and solar energy to store or collect solar energy to then distribute it in the form of heat during the winter seasons.









   

No comments:

Post a Comment